Thursday, January 3, 2008

Before the beginning...

Just a little bit of background about us... Ray is from Palmerston North in NZ and I'm from Melbourne and we met in March of 2004. We're really glad we met because we're just made for each other! After all, how many people confess to wanting to seriously live in a hobbit hole?!

After a number of outings looking at various blocks of land in and around our local area of Gisborne and coming up with nothing suitable I started looking on the internet for suitable land. I plugged in "land under 25 acres in Victoria" (or something like that, my memory's not much chop) and up came a lovely property in Armstrong. Ok.. Armstrong. Where the flip is Armstrong??

It turns out that Armstrong is a blip on the Western Highway halfway between Ararat and Great Western in Western Victoria, just a short trip from the Grampians. Niiice! We decided to go on a wee drive that weekend. Poor Ray, I bent his ear for two hours on the way up there about the "must haves" that were not negotiable in order for me to consider changing our lives so considerably. I honestly think that the list was so I could find some fault with the idea and get out of it! You guessed it, everything on that damn list was covered! Which, I might add, I'm very happy about. Now. ;)

No comments: